Feather Flores joined Atheneum in 2022 after a four-year stint at Chronicle Books. She works on smart, joyful picture books; middle grade romps with coming-of-age themes; and bold, open-hearted YA that reimagines everything our identities can be. Her list encompasses fiction and nonfiction, with an emphasis on stories by, about, and for people from marginalized communities.
Across the board, Feather gravitates to voice- and character-driven narratives with high-concept plots and solid command of their readers’ emotional responses. She champions books that challenge and inspire; provide hope and comfort; and depict the beauty and diversity of the human experience—the humor, the complexity, the curiosity, the magic. Anything that encourages young readers to be more fully and unapologetically themselves, she wants to see it.
Feather edits from the San Francisco Bay Area. You can find her expressing endless enthusiasm on Twitter @featherfully and explore her full manuscript wishlist at featherflores.com.
- Graphic Novels
- Middle Grade Adventure Stories
- Middle Grade Fantasy/SF
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Middle Grade Historical Fiction
- Middle Grade Humorous Stories
- Middle Grade Marginalized Voices
- Middle Grade Mystery & Suspense
- Middle Grade Non-Fiction
- Middle Grade School Stories
- Non-Fiction Picture Books
- Picture Books
- Young Adult Contemporary Fiction
- Young Adult Fantasy/SF
- Young Adult Fiction
- Young Adult Historical Fiction
- Young Adult LGBTQ Fiction
- Young Adult Marginalized Voices
- Young Adult Mystery & Suspense
- Young Adult Non-Fiction
- Young Adult Romance